2023-24 South Dakota Changes, Clarifications & Reminders
- Utilize the NFHS 14 weight class model for boys and 12 weight class model for girls.
- Boys = 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 144, 150, 157, 165, 175, 190, 215, 285
- Girls = 100, 107, 114, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 165, 185, 250
- Follow the Optimal Performance Calculator format for weights during the season. Please see additional information released on the SDHSAA website for full regulations.
- All wrestling Head Coaches will be required to complete a mandatory training on the use of TrackWrestling. This will take place during the same time as the rules meeting and must be completed by the deadline set by the SDHSAA or a $50.00 fine will be assessed to the school.
- Handbook to read as follows: “Each team must use TrackWrestling as live management software for all tournaments and dual competition, to include multi-dual events”. In addition, school must follow the TrackWrestling guidelines on Page 8 of the Wrestling section of the SDHSAA Athletic Handbook that reads as such: “Failure to update TrackWrestling via the deadlines above will results in a $50.00 fine to the school.”
South Dakota Modifications to NFHS Rules
- Set the upper limit for girls heavyweight class to 250 pounds.