2022-23 South Dakota Changes, Clarifications & Reminders
- The committee is proposing warm-ups for meets be run in one of two ways:
- Traditional Warm-up: the way things were done prior to COVID. Teams come and warm-up a couple of hours before the meet starts, going through their rotations and then compete based on the rotation assigned by the site host.
- Modified Capital Cup format: the warm-up that should take place at all Region/State-Qualifying meets. Gyms will open for stretching and shared warm-up on each event. Teams will have to rotate and share equipment for warm-up in allotted time. One-hour warm-up time. Once competition begins, teams will have a five-minute TEAM warmup on each event, regardless of the number of athletes participating. Then each athlete will have a 1 ½ minute touch warm-up prior
to competing. Vault will use the same time for touch warm-up.
- Adjust the State-qualifying scores as follows: Class A Vault = 8.7, Class A Floor = 8.8, Class AA Beam = 8.9 and Class AA Floor = 9.2.
- Changes in State Meet Format
- Eight teams will qualify for the State Meet Team Competition. The top team from each region and the next six highest overall team scores will advance, regardless of region.
- State Meet Schedule
- Team Day – Friday
- Morning Session – Class A Team Competition
- Afternoon Session – Class AA Team Competition
- Individual Day – Saturday
- Morning Session – Class A Individual Competition
- Afternoon Session – Class AA Individual Competition
- NOTE: Class A and Class AA will alternate each year as to who will go first on each day
- Team Day – Friday
- Remove All-Around in-season qualifying standards. The All-Around division at the State Meet will consist of those participants that qualified for and are entered in all four events at the State Meet.
- Failure to post the contestant number or the correct number for the contestant will result in 0.2 point deduction.
- Failure to land on any part of the bottom of the feet first would result in a voided vault. The athlete will not be allowed to attempt the same vault. If the athlete performs the same vault, the vault will be voided.
- Pay for State Qualifying Meet judges is $150.
- All music recorded for performances to be used with iPod, phone auxiliary cords, etc. No CDs will be allowed.
- Winter Moratorium is in effect from December 23-26. No activities allowed during this time.
South Dakota Modifications
- Coaches have a maximum of 10 minutes (instead of five) to submit an inquiry after all scores for that team are recorded for that individual event.
- Vault judges must sit with one judge on each side of the vault or be placed a minimum of five feet apart when two judges or more are used on the same side of the vault.